Monday, August 8, 2011

Standing Inside


Standing Inside (2007)

I stood outside
The tall heavy school gate,
Watching the tall building
Which was standing strong
Like a master of its own fate.

Tears rolled down my cheek
As I left my parents and friends
But I had to go and seek
My future at the other end.

“I had to do it.” I told myself
“I had to face it.” I explained to myself.
So I left my fear at the gate,
And walked towards my awaited fate.
I kept up my confident stride,
Feeling a great sense of pride.

I saw a school
Where the girls are friendly
And the teachers respected,
Where time is worthy
And hard work appreciated
Where knowledge is wealth
And values are instilled,
Where an obstacle is your strength
And not your failure.
I saw a school
Which felt like home and,
Here I was taught the value of time
And i learnt that if I wanted
Every opportunity could be mine.
I realised i had to
Plant my own garden and
Nurture my own soul.
And i understood that i really could endure
And that i really do have worth.

I turned to stare at the tall building
Which was standing strong
Like the master of its own fate.
I smiled to myself because this time
I was inside the gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment